RISK WARNING: Your capital is at risk. The risks include: the lack of liquidity in this market in terms of being able to realise investments and the loss of the value of investment. When you invest any loss in value will not be covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Please read FULL risk warning.
UnderTheDoormat manages premium homes and lets them to travellers & tourists looking to stay in the comfort of a home with hotel quality and service.
Investment closes only once the total pledged amount passes the minimum of £1,200,000
A pledge is not a commitment. You will be asked to confirm in the next section.
· UnderTheDoormat is a premium home-stay service for homeowners and guests, positioned above Airbnb and other P2P platforms in quality, consistency of experience and length of stay.
· The company was founded in 2014 by CEO Merilee Karr, who is the Chair of Industry body the Short-Term Accommodation Association (STAA) representing major companies like Airbnb, HomeAway and Expedia.
· Despite its rapid growth, home-stays are currently only ~8% of total visitor stays in London, one of the leading cities in the world for the sector. Airbnb is most commonly associated with the home stay market, but Trip Advisor, Expedia and Booking.com have all made growth in the sector a strategic priority.
· Current home-stay services are heavily focused on the self-managed market, often through Airbnb, where homeowners manage their own home listing with varying degrees of quality and security. We believe the potential growth in this market will be limited unless a more professional, premium segment emerges and UnderTheDoormat seeks to play a leading role in this growth segment.
· There is an underserved market for guests who want the comfort of a real home as well as the service of a hotel, and for high-end homeowners who simply won’t let their home out without the experience being fully managed, insured and effortless. The UnderTheDoormat proposition is to unlock this market for high-end homeowners & guests that Airbnb and other P2P platforms can’t by offering the quality and service of a hotel in the comfort of a home.
· Many years ago, Hilton hotels helped develop the premium hotel market by setting the standard for hotel rooms around the world, opening the market for consistent quality, and delivering on premium customer expectations. UnderTheDoormat’s aim is to bring the same level of consistent quality to the home-stay market. The company aims to build a brand which guests seek out when they visit a city, and which homeowners feel connected to because of the quality of service.
· Delivering a consistent high-quality experience to high net worth individuals requires an operational and organizational structure that is extremely well-run. The CEO previously managed Royal Dutch Shell’s Global Retail Maintenance of its 12,000 station Global Petrol Site network across 43 countries, providing valuable experience for achieving this.